Celestials Fall RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celestials Fall RPG

Celestials Fall is a roleplaying group, featured on myspace. This forum is so our constantly progressing group storyline can be posted for everyone to read.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Part One: Gideon, Morgan, Ivy, and Bastian

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Gideon stood several feet below and directly in front of Morgan’s throne; her alter stood above her denizens, in order for her to look down upon them. The queen fashioned herself as much above them as they were above the mundane. Gideon didn’t dispute that claim, in fact he agreed with it; although he didn’t consider himself one of ‘them’. He wasn’t just another demon that fell into place, no, he was much more. Currently he was the consort that stood beside her and was ready to lay waste to anyone that dared cross her path or go against her orders. The only exception to that rule was Ivy; she was allowed to continue in her deviant ways simply because it served his purpose. Ivy was his ally; an ally that had intentions of her own and Gideon was not oblivious to these intentions.

He watched the throne and imagined himself sitting in it; the supreme ruler of the underworld. It had a nice ring to it, but titles did not mean as much as the fear he sensed whenever another was in his presence. Gideon wasn’t a glory hound, if so he would never have stood beside Morgan and let her rule while he took only a fraction of the notoriety for their kills. His sole purpose for being is to see that his kind rule; a true Darwinist, he believed in the phrase ‘only the strong survive’. The demons were stronger and therefore deserved the world and everything in it, Morgan taught him that. She is the one that made him the demon that he is today. From a boy first learning about his abilities and what they entitled to a full grown demon that was ready to exert his will upon others.

Gideon lowered his head and shook it slowly, “what has happened to you my queen?” he asked the ultimate question, “you are still powerful; beautiful; intelligent; and blood thirsty, but your edge has been dulled.” He started to recall how things were before; how ruthless and cunning she was; how she would kill a demon for simply getting her drink wrong. But now, now she rewards incompetence with second chances; she allows the miscreants to continue to live and this he doesn’t quite understand. And to make matters worse, he has Ivy in his ear playing on these concerns. His succubus whispers into his ear about how he should rule; that Morgan isn’t fit anymore; and that she has become sloppy and weak. He agrees that perhaps it was time for him to rule, but he does not want her dead. Morgan is his queen; his lover; his original reason for being. No, she will not die; not by his hands nor by Ivy’s. Not if he can prevent it.    

The air began to shift; a powerful heartbeat started to shadow his; a new presence was felt. “I was just thinking about you my love”, Gideon rose his head and addressed new presence.

Her eyes narrowed into the tiniest of slits at Gideon’s question. Instead of answering him, she simply touched her fingertips together thoughtfully and gazed upon him, never once wavering. He was right, and she has changed. She already knew that when she looked at herself in the mirror she despised what she become. What sacrifices led her to her position. How she nearly killed herself destroying the Celestials the first time around, how she had to survive within a human host for 21 years until she was strong enough to unleash herself into the world again. And how she hated those lingering human emotions that threatened to touch the edge of her psyche when she was most vulnerable. 

It was one of the reasons she kept giving her demons second chances. The other was because of the dark chalice. And nobody, not one of her demons would be able to understand the complexity of the Dark Chalice. Every time she created a demon, it took a piece away from her, and it weakened her and if she kept creating them, what would become of her? If she kept killing her demons than who would do her dirty work for her? Humans? They were hardly capable of it even if they killed each other, created wars over territories, religion and politics. And turning humans into demons? It wasn’t as easy as it seemed. 

First the humans needed to be deconstructed, pulled apart, and she needed to find out exactly what made them tick. Once she discovered that key element, then she’d own them. Maybe there was too much power within the ranks? Perhaps some of that power needed to be taken away. But who could she make an example of?

“Mistress,” Gwen walked inside the room, “Sorry to intrude Mistress but you have Bastian and Ivy waiting for you.” 

Morgan stood up, “Send them in.” She walked over and lifted a hand, caressing Gideon’s face. “There is a reason for everything I do. Everything will fall into place as long as I have my most trusted demons in my court how could fail in the ultimate quest of a pure demonic world?” Morgan whispered in his ear. 

Ivy wasn't a jealous demon, but when she walked in to the room, she had to work to not narrow her eyes at the sight before her. Morgan gushing all over Gideon, it made the anger inside her come alive, washing over her senses. She knew the two of them had a thing, that wasn't what bothered her. It was more that Gideon deserved better, Morgan was old, washed up, and her time to rule was quickly coming to an end. Ivy herself was going to see to it that Morgan was destroyed, whether Gideon liked it or not. She may have been playing nice with him now, she wasn't stupid enough to believe a demon as young as herself could do this alone. Gideon was powerful, his years of service had given him a knowledge Ivy was soaking up like a sponge.

The two of them had been meeting for months now, planning just what needed to be done and Gideon had been sharing his experience with Ivy. He had taught Ivy a few new things to do with her powers of darkness. She was becoming stronger and stronger with each passing day, while Morgan's powers were dwindling. The more demons Morgan made, the weaker she was becoming, as Ivy's powers were only growing with each new demon of darkness made. As Gideon kept Morgan occupied, Ivy had been out making new demons and building an army. She had already turned a few humans, and she had marked more to be turned very soon. Things were progressing rather well for the duo, and Ivy could feel the changes coming in the air. 

What Morgan didn't know they were up to, would eventually become her downfall, as the two of them plotted to bring about change. A change that would better demonkind, and put them on the top, where they belonged. For now however, she was keeping up the guise of being Morgan's good little demon and pretending to do her bidding. Straightening her spine, she bowed her head in mock respect for Morgan as she kept her eyes averted from looking over at Gideon. She could feel the heat coming off Bastian's body standing next to her, and she was warmed by the thoughts of what they had been up to behind Morgan's back as well. Ivy would stop at nothing to get what she was after, and she didn't plan on losing this little game either. Focusing on Morgan, Ivy forced her voice to convey complete obedience. "What can I do for you Morgan?"

Standing there before his queen Gideon knew his words may have hurt her a bit, but it was the truth and on some level she knew it as well. He had hoped that once he took the reigns of leadership from her, she would revert back to the woman he feel in love with. Looking into her eyes he saw the very same beauty he met all those years ago, although the body was not the same. She still possessed the powerful aura that he was sensing, but there was more; Morgan had the air of strength and leadership about her and yet there was still something troubling her. If it were anyone else this little telltale would have gone unnoticed, but not to Gideon. He knew her as well as she knew him, her mind was clouded. “The Dark Chalice”, he thought. Its power was immense, but he still did not fully understand it. Was it what was concerning her now? Did its use have some side-effect that the rest did not know of? Was it the reason she was the way she was now? All these questions plagued his mind.
“You know you can tell me anything my love”, he approached her, something that a lesser demon would have been struck down for doing. No one approached the throne, let alone walk upon the alter steps; that act in itself was blasphemy. Gideon was the only one allowed that honor and privilege. He kneeled before her, taking her hand in his, “I want my Morgan of old; I want the queen that showed me the way; the woman that brought down the Celestials to their knees.” He kissed her hand and rose to kiss her lips, but was then interrupted by a new presence. He felt the heat from another body, its heartbeat weak surrounded by an evil core; it was one of her minions.
Rising to his feet, Gideon stepped to the side and allowed the demon to address their queen. There was an audience that awaited her; two demons Morgan had summoned, unbeknownst to Gideon. Morgan rose and touched his face; her touch sent different sensations through out his body than when Ivy performed the same deed. With Ivy it was all about lust and power to be gained; with Morgan it was passion, love and a form of loyalty that Gideon couldn’t help but feel that he was somehow betraying.
Her next words played on that guilt. Could she indeed possess knowledge that he was not privy to just yet? Was he being foolish if attempting to lay claim to the throne? What was it that she was not telling him about the chalice? Only time will tell, but now it was now time to see whom it was that she had called for.
Once the doors had opened, he knew just how slippery the slope was that he had been treading; Ivy walked in with Bastian at her side. Not revealing his hand, Gideon took a step back and showed his queen the respect she was entitled to; it was his way of showing Morgan that she was in charge….for now.   

As much as she wanted to confess the toll the Dark Chalice was taking on her, she would not do it front of her upper level demons, no matter how much she trusted them. That right, she would reserve for the sole being she trusted with her life. The one person she knew with absolute conviction would never betray her. How could he? When she forced a blood oath upon him at the tender age of thirteen? 

“We’ll continue this conversation when we are alone,” she whispered, “these words are not meant for others to hear.” She stood up, lifting her chin and straightening her shoulders as she gazed upon her two loyal servants.

“This shouldn’t be complicated for the two of you,” her gaze rested on Ivy and Bastian. “Since you are two of my most competent demons I expect you to complete this mission promptly. I want you to bring me the human named Luke. He’s easy, his anger over the loss of his love Ally will make him an easy target. The celestials will want to help him see the errors of his ways,” she continued to speak as she gestured with her hand, “Bring him to me. Do NOT under any circumstance report back to me and tell me that some insipid pathetic Celestial got in your way, if they do then strike them down and bring me their heads” she glared at Bastian. “Or,” she swung her head in Ivy’s direction, “that you were misinformed. It makes you look weak, and incompetent and foolish,” she spat out. “If you two fail,” she reached over and ran a hand lovingly over Gideon’s cheek before turning back towards Ivy and Bastian. “You will be punished, and Gideon,” a devious smile crossed her lips, “I’ll let him do his worst, and I will watch him and I will enjoy the punishment he inflicts on you. Are we clear? Do we understand what you are to do? Retrieve Luke and do not FAIL!” 

Just the mention of the name Ally brought a smile to Gideon’s face. Ally Luciano the sister of Mickey Luciano; the girlfriend of Luke Huntington; the dead girl. Little is it known that Gideon was the one that murdered her, per Morgan’s request; her death was required to get the ball rolling on Luke’s path to the dark side. Gideon recalled how she screamed Luke’s name; how she prayed that her brother Mickey would somehow come to her rescue. He closed his eyes for a second and remembered the smell of fear on her and how her little heart raced when he exposed his fangs to her. Two hours, thirty-seven minutes and ten seconds; that is for how long he tortured her before allowing her to finally die. “Ah, what a night that was”, he thought quietly.

Listening to Morgan continue with her orders, he tried not allow his eyes to rest on Ivy for too long; he didn’t want to arose any suspicion. Gideon knew full well that Morgan was aware of Ivy’s objections to her ruling and that she surely must have been plotting against her, but he didn’t want it tied to him.

Caressing his face, Morgan threatened them about what would happen if they failed; this also brought a smile to his face. The old Morgan that the two of them had only seconds ago talked about had resurfaced. These threats were threats that he had become accustomed to hearing from her in days past. Looking at Bastian, a part of him wanted them to return with bad news; Gideon had long suspected that Bastian had been hiding something, something big. Not until Morgan had made mention that there was a chance that he was sneaking away to spend time with a Celestial, did Gideon know just what it was. If what she suspected was true, he would like nothing more than to punish him for that act of treason.

His gaze then drifted finally over to Ivy. He knew that in order to punish Bastian if they failed, he’d need to do the same to Ivy. That didn’t matter; he would do it in a heartbeat. Ivy knew the lengths that they would have to go in order to see their plan come into fruition without any unforeseen problems. In fact, from their recent ‘meetings', Gideon already knew that Ivy liked to be punished; the pleasure and pain they inflicted on one another during these intimate settings would have killed a mundie, but not two maniacal demons such as them. “I would take great pleasure in doing your bidding my love”, Gideon looked Ivy in the eyes, fueling the hatred she already had toward the queen and leaned over to Morgan, kissing her cheek.      

Control, it was something Ivy not only wanted, but something she was working on mastering herself. Controlling what emotions she let others sense and see, had become a necessity in her little game. If she wanted to get away with mutiny, she had to perfect faking it, and she had. Daring to cut her eyes sideways from Morgan, she quickly scanned Gideon over and nodded to him as well. It wasn't unsual for any of Morgan's demon's to know one another or communicate, after all, they had been holed up together for a very long time.

Glancing over to Bastian beside her, Ivy's eyes met his and she smiled a genuine smile. She enjoyed Bastian's company, the dark sadistic nature of the demon complemented her own, they worked well together. Snapping out of her thoughts as Morgan began to speak, Ivy turned to give their leader her full attention. What came out of Morgan's mouth displeased Ivy, and it was all she could do, to not hiss at her. Luke, she wanted him? Sonovabitch!!! This was not what Ivy wanted to hear, not after she herself had been working on the mundie for months to coerce the darkness inside of him, out.

Luke was to be hers, not Morgan's. But how could she not bring him here, to Morgan now, without tipping her hand that she had her own agenda? Narrowing her eyes at Morgan's words about getting false information, she knew that remark was directed at her in particular. Nodding her head, she swallowed down the anger boiling up inside her and remained calm on the outside. Looking at Morgan directly, her gaze did not waiver. "Catching one puny mundie is not a problem. We won't fail." Turning to look over at Bastian, she nudged him in the side. "Will we Bastian?" Ivy felt more than confident she and Bastian could handle any Celestial that dared to stand in their way.

She opened her mouth to tell Morgan she didn't need to threaten her, but one look at Gideon and Ivy clamped her mouth shut. He often reminded her of the anger control, and she saw the cautioned warning in his eyes now. If anyone in this room knew what was going through Ivy's mind right now, it was Gideon, he knew just how much Morgan angered her. Simply nodding her head again, Ivy kept her voice devoid of any emotion. "We are crystal clear. Is there anything else?" She was anxious to be gone from here, and away from Morgan, before she did something she might regret later on.

Over the last few weeks, Morgan has been impersonating a therapist and taking Luke out on little adventures in order to bring out his anger. She even made it so he could control one of his episodes even though he had the opportunity to kill the man she manipulated into assaulting him. Instead of killing him she wanted him to exploit his weakness, and that he did. However once the show was over, Morgan made it so that a car came barrowing around the corner, pressing the man against the wall and severing him in half. The look on Luke’s face, the absolute void of emotion gave her hopes that the boy could be turned into a demon. And after she gained his trust, he even took her to the spot where his love was murdered. Smiling she looked over at Gideon, “Of course you would,” she said and then turned back to Ivy. 

“If you can’t find him try the abandoned subway on the lower side of Manhattan, that’s all, you may leave, NOW!” She commanded and turned towards Gideon giving him a look as if to say I will be in our chambers. Morgan waited until her two demons left before she turned around and exited the meeting hall to return to her chambers. 

Bastian Koronis was an old demon, not as old as Morgan. But he'd been around for a while. He noticed details, little things that others might not. There was a lot of tension in the Throne Room, and none of it had anything to do with him. He was well aware of Ivy's feelings toward Morgan. She hated her, thought her unworthy to rule the Underworld. He suspected Ivy might want to kill the Queen, but he wasn't certain. She'd be foolish to try it alone. What puzzled Bastian now was the air between Ivy and Gideon. It was nothing obvious, just the direct attempt not to notice one another. Meeting eyes with his companion for a moment, Bastian hung his head slightly in respect and listened to his Queen's orders.

"I’ll let him do his worst, and I will watch him and I will enjoy the punishment he inflicts on you. Are we clear?" Morgan added to the end of her command, referring to Gideon. Bastian couldn't help but let a small smile form on his silent lips. Bastian understood Morgan's connection with Gideon, but he was a simple werewolf. No better than a vampire. If Bastian wanted, he could twist Gideon's neck into a three-sixty with just the wave of a hand. Laughing to himself, a disturbing thought surfaced. Why have Gideon do it? Why not do it herself? Bastian found it odd that she did not threaten to personally feed them their black hearts if they failed. Glancing over at Ivy again, Bastian noticed the momentary look of shock and anger on her face. He was aware that Ivy had been trying to get Luke on her side. Luke in Morgan's hands was the last thing Ivy wanted.

"Of course not," Bastian replied when the blond demon nudged him. He bowed his head once again to show obedience. Upon his Queen's command to leave, Bastian spun around and headed out into the hall to wait for Ivy. 

Even with as much practice as she had been getting on keeping the anger under control, Morgan was making it very difficult on Ivy right now. Seething on the inside, she stayed by Bastian and reminded herself that soon Morgan would be knocked off that throne of hers. If only Morgan knew what the other three knew, she would have killed her then on the spot. But Morgan was definitely losing her touch, it was becoming more and more obvious to even her lesser demons. The smarter ones like her and Bastian? Had figured it out some time ago.

Bastian knew some of what Ivy was up to, not all of it by far, but he knew she had been sneaking around behind the queen's back serving her own purposes. Turning on her heel, she followed Bastian out of the room, glancing back to see only Gideon left, she felt safe in opening her mouth. "That bitch." Looking over at Bastian, her eyes reflected the anger boiling beneath the surface. "She's not getting him Bastian, we have to figure something out" Pausing in the doorway, the wheels in her head were already turning on just how they could get around Morgan's orders and still keep their heads intact.

The orders to return with Luke were given and the demons dismissed; Morgan now turned and faced Gideon, and he acknowledged the meaning behind it. They were finally alone and could now retreat to her chambers; although all that sound promising, he felt he needed to remind Ivy of the plan. Gideon was no fool and picked up on camaraderie between Bastian and Ivy right away; Bastian knew how she felt about Morgan, but Gideon wanted his involvement secret. He knew that Bastian was hiding something and rumors had it that it involved a Celestial; to Gideon that meant that Bastian was compromised and couldn’t be fully trusted. Ivy knew that, but yet she still co conspires with Bastian.

Gideon nodded his at the queen, but remained standing where he was. Cocking his head to the side, he waited for her to leave the chamber; simultaneously, Bastian did the same at the other end. Gideon then spied Ivy pausing at the doorway, it was as if something was on her mind. Seeing as it was only the two of them remaining in the room, he gave her a slight head gesture, indicating her to step to the side of the passageway. Quickly he approached her, but maintained his regal demeanor, “I know you have a means  to rid yourself of this fool”, he pressed Ivy against the stone wall and whispered in her ear, “he can’t be  trusted, word of him and a Celestial have been traveling these halls, I know you’ve heard it.” He grabbed her arm, “you’d be foolish to give him any valuable leverage on you or us”, and he released her, “just talking to you now, I risk compromising us. Send him to the abandoned subway tunnels underneath Manhattan as Morgan suggested, I have word of his true whereabouts; he is at his apartment as we speak. Lose the dead weight and your prize is to be claimed.”  

He turned around and headed to Morgan’s chambers, where she awaited his audience; an excuse was needed to explain his tardiness. Although they appeared to be equals, Morgan still held the title of queen and Gideon knew that explanations from time-to-time were required; trust was at an all time low these days. 

Pushing her doors open, he entered with a rose he had grabbed along the way from a hallway vase, “I felt the need to remind your generals of the importance of your commands my love; sorry if I took too long.” His explanation, in essence, was the truth, he had done just that; although it was general and not generals, not to mention the importance behind the reminder was self-serving.  

With one hand, she took the offered Rose, running her thumb over the thorn as it tore into her flesh. A few pressure drops of blood slipped from the open wound and as the wound closed just as quickly she continued speaking. “Yes of course,” she said slightly distracted, a normally rare occurrence, which appeared to be happening more frequently. 

“I trust only one man to walk beside me outside and inside my bedroom,” she said pointedly. “What I need to tell you will never leave this chambers, because if they do –“ she looked down at the rose, and opened the palm of her hand as the rose lit up on fire, twisting into a charred black mess before disintegrating. She never continued speaking, knowing that the Rose spoke for itself.

The ultimate form of betrayal.

She turned her head towards the Dark Chalice and walked towards it. Lifting one hand, she caressed it with a lover’s touch, or that of someone harboring a strong addiction to Heroin. “I believed this to be my salvation. Taking away life, that’s easy, but to give it, freely, without having to torment a human and twist their mind to bring the blackness inside out, that takes time and patience and although it’s rewarding to see another human fall, it’s not as quick as using the Dark Chalice.”

Morgan spun around to face Gideon, “I’ve been using this for almost a century now and I know you’re wondering why I’m not killing the demons. There is an easy explanation; I believe the dark chalice is weakening this physical form. Each time I use it, a part of me enters my creation and each time I destroy one, a part of me is destroyed along with it. I fear that if I continue to use the dark chalice, I too will eventually no longer exist.”

“If I stop using it, I will regain my strength over time, but also we could lose the battle against the Celestials. Destroying them, and creating a perfect Demonic Utopia,” she gave a sadistic laugh, as they both knew that was always her main goal. “But I’m conflicted, because I know this Cup; this Dark Chalice will eventually lead to my own demise.” 

Ivy and Bastian had more in common than some may have realized, yet the two of them each knew enough about the other, that they had formed a strange alliance. Bastian didn't tell on Ivy out for plotting Morgan's downfall, and Ivy didn't rat him out for his disgusting fascination with a mundie. She could get the lust thing, but love? She wanted to gag right then, just thinking about it. More than once she had teased Bastian about the whole thing, and it had ended up causing a fighting tumble in the sheets for them. Anger was a great catalyst for hardcore fucking, something neither demon was a stranger to. All of those factors had made them allies in a way that would not have pleased Morgan, had she known. 

Before Ivy could say more to Bastian about their situation, she heard Gideon's movement and turned to look back at him. Holding up a finger to Bastian, telling him to hold that thought, she turned on her heel to see just what was on Gideon's mind. Nobody knew of their own alliance, or that Gideon shared in Ivy's plans to bring about a new reign for the demons. Tilting her head, she regarded Gideon's words with a smirk. "You're not jealous are you my king? I know what Bastian is up to, and he doesn't want Morgan knowing any more than we want her to know what we do." As he let her go, she stepped forward, pressing her body against his briefly, anger flashing in her eyes.  "Leave Bastian and Luke to me, I know what I'm doing." She didn't like him treating her like she was an idiot, or that she could EVER for a second forget what she was doing, or what she was after. 

It was all she had been thinking about and working towards. 

Gideon should have known she could handle this, so what had him reminding her now? Was he starting to doubt her, or doubt his own involvement in it all? Waving her hand in the direction Morgan had disappeared, she sneered in disgust. "Go keep the old crone busy, and leave the boys to me. I can handle both of them better than you know. Luke will be mine, there is no other acceptable alternative." And Gideon knew it, he knew just how determined Ivy was to get her way. Growling and muttering under her breath, she turned away from Gideon and strode out of the room to rejoin Bastian in the hall.

"She's not getting him Bastian, we have to figure something out," Bastian smiled at Ivy's obvious hatred for their assignment. She'd been working on Luke for a while now, and it seemed Morgan was stealing the thunder. Bastian knew that wasn't the case. Morgan had no clue of Ivy's betrayal. Not yet, anyway. Bastian worried that his own betrayal would soon surface, and probably already had. . He was, after all, screwing a mundie. Mina, the blond Celestial's name floated through Bastian's mind. He was supposed to meet her soon. He had plans for her, plans to turn her evil. And he'd use his alliance with Ivy to accomplish those plans. But for now, he had to go play the role of 'boyfriend'.

Before Bastian could respond, a finger was held in his direction as if to tell him to wait. He raised an eyebrow at the blond demon but did what was asked. He took a step further into the hallway and maneuvered himself around the corner. He ran his hand against the wall, pacing impatiently. Why? Why does she do this to me? Bastian asked himself. Mina was the first girl, woman, to make him feel this way. And for the first time since Bastian could remember, he was scared. Afraid that he might be going soft, that she's clouding his judgment. If he could just kill her... 

“Send him to the abandoned subway tunnels underneath Manhattan as Morgan suggested, I have word of his true whereabouts; he is at his apartment as we speak. Lose the dead weight and your prize is to be claimed.” Gideon's voice traveled into the hallway and to Bastian's ears. They were whispers at first, but Bastian slowly edged himself back to the corner. He leaned against the wall and concentrated on hearing the rest of the conversation. Eavesdropping? No. Not once Ivy clearly spoke his name. Works for me, Bastian scoffed to himself. I have better things to do anyway...  Hearing the sound of Ivy's shoes against the floor, Bastian realized she was heading his way. He remained in position, a smug look on his face.

"I don't know what you're going to do," Bastian said to Ivy as she came into view, as if she'd never left. He studied the blond demon, his eyes traveling down to her backside. "But you're on your own Blondie." Bastian smiled as his eyes traveled back to Ivy's face. There wasn't an attraction between the two, that Bastian was aware of. But she was undeniably attractive. Lately, Bastian found himself spending a lot of time with blond women. "I'll head to the subways," Bastian added, flashing Ivy a knowing smile. 

Still seething a little over the way Gideon had just spoken to her, she practically stomped in to the hallway and stopped dead in her tracks. The minute she laid eyes on Bastian, Ivy knew he had overheard the conversation. Giving him a challenging glance, she dared him with her eyes to say something. One word, from either of them to Morgan, would destroy the others secrets. Neither one was being the loyal demon here, and they both knew it. "You can wipe the smug smile off your face Bastian. I know you didn't really want to go find Luke anyways."

Waving off his words with her hands, she brushed off his taunts and added one of her own in. "Go find your little girlfriend that I am sure you are just dying to see Bastian. Go get your lovesick fix in and leave the real work to me." Rolling her eyes at his last words, she sauntered around him and gave a little wave back over her shoulders at him. "I'm not telling you where I'm going, guess you'll just have to wait and see? Toodles." Taunting him again, she playfully blew him a kiss and walked off. She was heading to Luke's, of course...she would get what she wanted, one way or another. No matter what she had to do to get it.

Gideon licked his lips at the sight of the blood droplets on her thumb from the rose thorns and listened to her talk about trust. She had been making several references to trust and what would happen if that trust was betrayed; he couldn’t help but feel that it was somewhat directed solely toward him. If it were anyone other than Morgan, Gideon would have responded to those subtle threats, but it was Morgan and therefore he didn’t react one bit. Although his lack of reaction was somewhat due to guilt; guilt, something that he didn’t feel ordinarily, Morgan made sure of that thousands of years ago. The Gideon of today was the product of Morgan’s vision of what a true demon should be; she had guided him in her visage and made him the ruthless killer he was.

Gideon then smirked slightly, when the healthy rose was reduced to ash; he couldn’t help but notice the irony of things. Morgan had made him what he was and taught him that if a demon was not able to live up to their potential, they should be dealt with; Morgan, as of late, wasn’t living up to her potential and her leadership capabilities were in question. He was torn as to what to do. Everything he knew led him to the notion that he should lead and not her, but his devotion and loyalty said otherwise. On some level he felt sorry for his queen; she had a lot to deal with and there was still the mystery behind the Dark Chalice. Just the way she spoke of it, led him to believe that it was responsible for her behavior; she made mention that she’d speak to him more about it once they were alone and now they were.

As if on queue, Morgan started to touch on the subject of the Dark Chalice. The explanations she laid forth explained a lot; he knew it was the culprit behind her actions, the Morgan he knew would never have allowed transgressions like those of late to go unpunished. It was draining her of her power and perhaps it would soon kill her. “Ivy would give her right hand for information such as this”, he thought quietly, “I can see her devious mind working right now. She would go on a killing spree; she’d kill off all of Morgan’s demons, giving Morgan no choice but to create more knowing it would weaken her and once the queen was weakened, Ivy would go in for the kill”, his thoughts continued. He knew right then and there that she must never know this information.

Although he understood Morgan’s actions, this new bit of intelligence only served to further solidify his quest. He now knew that she was indeed not fit to lead. If the chalice was killing her slowly upon use, then why not seek another means to strengthen her army? She spoke about the rate of creating demons and how the chalice sped up the process; this was another difference in their leadership styles. Morgan wanted quick and efficient results and although Gideon agreed on the efficiency part, time was something that he was never afraid of. He hid in the darkness for thousands of years and stood at Morgan’s side as she ruled when he made his appearance known; building a proper army without deviants to weaken his ranks, was well worth the time required. But he knew that that wasn’t the only reason; the only sure rapid way of growing an army was using the method he was doing now, using Ivy. Gideon knew that Morgan would never lower herself and ask Ivy to create her army for her, she knew of Ivy’s ambitions and that she would soon try and claim leadership for herself. Gideon too know of Ivy’s ambitions, but he had something up his sleeve to…shall we say, tame the beast when needed.

“But if you continue to allow your minions to frolic with Celestials and to deviate from their demonic nature without punishment, you are telling them to there will be no repercussions; more will then join them and do the same. These behaviors are learned behaviors my love”, he pleaded to her, his love for her was winning out; if Morgan reverted back to the demon he knew and loved, he’d have no problem allowing her to continue to lead, “this weakness, this dependence on the chalice is clouding your judgment. We killed the Celestials once before, just the two of us with no need for an army”, he dropped to a knee and kissed her hand, “I was just a boy then and you were not yet as powerful as you are know, still we prevailed; we can do so again.” This was wishful thinking and Gideon knew it; he saw the way she looked at the chalice. He felt its alluring power too, but he had not used it and therefore was not under its influence as Morgan was; she was already defeated, the Dark Chalice has won. “Enough of this talk”, these revelations were disturbing him and he wanted no more of it, “let us relive the first night of our meeting…”, he stood up and kissed both her hands, “…that night in the inn, right before you slew that damned Celestial…”, his kisses now met her lips and his hands traveled down her hips, “…the night that our love was cemented…”, he lifted her up effortlessly and tossed her on the bed, “…the night I fully accepted my true nature.”   

https://celestialsfallrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum